Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Austin Monthly Magazine photoshoot

                                                4 finals

  I wanted to show how my client would look as a 1940s Austin Debutante. I dressed her in my grandmother's vintage clothing, and had her hair done in a classic 40s style. Then i photographed her in my grandmother's Westlake backyard garden, a very likely place that a young lady of her status in the 1940s would be found. 
 Flash forward to today and I had Amy dress in modern vintage clothing , expressing the extreme difference between young women in the past and today. I purposely let her hair lose as we all do now, instead of the proper style back then. I also distinguished between the importance of makeup in the 40s, as opposed to the emphasis on the natural look used by young people today.



                                       10 digital finals















No comments:

Post a Comment